Saturday, April 7, 2012

Easter Inspiration

Hello readers!

 

Today is a bright and sunny day. I haven’t been outside, but I’m sure it’s warm! I’m so excited for summer you guys, it’s unbelievable. Not only will the stress of school be over, but it’ll be warm, and for those of us who are lucky enough to live in the sunny Okanagan, it’ll be time for fresh, LOCAL fruits and veggies!!!! To me, there is nothing like having fresh produce to enjoy. I enjoy eating healthy, and the lack of really fresh produce makes the winter months even longer than they already are. To me, there is nothing like having fresh produce to enjoy. I enjoy eating healthy, and the lack of really fresh produce makes the winter months even longer than they already are.

 

This thought came to me when I went to pull out some strawberries from the fridge. My mom probably got them yesterday from the grocery store, and they probably came from California. Don’t get me wrong, California produces some great strawberries, but you just can’t beat strawberries that haven’t travelled for thousands of miles.

 

This thought, lead me to think more about Easter, and really, how appropriate it is that it falls in the spring.

 

Good Friday represents something really huge. It’s a reminder that we’re forgiven, and it can represent a fresh start in our lives. It can represent the end of a cold, hard heart, and the move toward being a happier person, with the knowledge and reminder of our forgiveness.

Spring is the same, trees are beginning to open, the crocuses are blooming in full. It’s the end of the dead winter. Everything is becoming alive and new.

 

This new start, is Easter Sunday. Jesus has risen, and everyone can celebrate the promise of eternal life with Him and the Father.

 

Praise be to Him, for the suffering and the rising, and for the promise of eternal life. May we all experience a fresh beginning this Easter!

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment